Today’s commentary will wrap up my 5-part series on Good Things Happen When You Have a Strong Brand. Review all five commentaries here.
Ten questions for you:
- Are you a Leader, Challenger or “Other” brand?
- Depending on which, do you have the appropriate marketing objectives in place?
- Do you know what your best customers think of your company, its products, service, personnel?
- Can you describe your current brand position, as it would make sense, and be believable, to your customers?
- Do you know what you want your future brand position to be 2, 3, or 5 years from now?
- If the future position is different from the current position, do you have a coherent road map to get there?
- Do you know how the value propositions for your products compare to that of key competitors?
- Do you know where future customers will come from?
- Do you feel you have an effective marketing communications program in place?
- Do you know the return you’re getting on your marketing programs?
If you answered some variation of “not sure” or “no” to more than half these questions I’ll suggest that you get a competent diagnosis of your brand and marketing programs. (Just like you’ll schedule a doctor’s appointment if you start to feel that “something’s just not right.”)
First a diagnosis, and only then a prescription: “here’s the results of our examination, and this is our recommendation of a course of action.”
Engage with a consulting firm that has an established process for this kind of analysis and insight gathering, with successful experience with companies that sell products or services similar to yours.
We offer such a process – you can read the detail of our Marketing Diagnostic here – and have much experience with companies like yours – read about us here.
We can help ensure your brand – and marketing – is everything you want it to be. Call me at 214.974.5503 or email email@example.com to set up a time to begin the conversation.
I hope you’ve found this series interesting and useful and comments are always welcome!